Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trials......what will you do with them?

Last night I was at the Methodist church's Wednesday night program and I was talking with our Bible Study leader about how everything that I have been through in life God has layed it on my heart to share with other's how we have over come many trials and made it through. Trials.....what does that word mean to you? To me Trials me going through something in life that is not "normal". Trials are times in our life that God uses to challenge us, mold us, shape us into their person HE wants us to be. As Ginny Owens puts it "God gives us Trials to make us stronger but it is what we CHOOSE to do with those trials." There have been many times in life where the path way has been unclear in my life. There are times we don't understand why we loose someone dear to us, or why our child is sick or why we have to have surgery at the "prime" time in our lives. I hope to be able share with you some of the trials that I have gone through.
From James 1:2-4 NIV "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking ANYTHING!" Wow!!!! And so I leave you with this song. "If You Want Me Too" By: Ginny Owens

No comments: