Friday, March 4, 2011

Do you offer God your Leftovers?

I am reading with a few others on Wednesday night Frances Chans book "Crazy Love". This past chapter gave us interesting and good discussion. As I have grown and matured I will never forget being a jr. high youth leader and the kids wanting to learn about Revelations. Judy do you remember that? It was cool because I got to learn too! And the even more amazing thing is I remember it!! In our series we talked about the 3 churches in Revelation and the one I clearly remember is the church of ladosia. Now I know I didn't spell the church correctly. But........the cool thing is I was able to use my knowledge about the church to help and challenge two guys in the class. You see many times as Christians we give God what we have "left". We don't give him everything we have! I am guilty of this especially if I am tired or don't want to do something. i.e. my husband signed me up for it! ;) But we as Christians need to giving God everything that we have weather it is in relationships, worship, ministry or in our own spiritual life. There are many more areas that we can give God 100% too. But how many times do we go into a situation and say "God I have this much time for....." or I am really tired so here is a quick prayer or the Purdue game is on. Can't that wait? We need to STOP doing this and saying God here I am. Use all of me. God does not want what we have "leftover". He wants ALLLLLL of us!!!!! How cool and AMAZING is it to know that the creator of the universe wants to know and have a personal relationship with you! I am in awe of that! I encourage you to check out Frances Chans book "Crazy Love". Good stuff!

No comments: