Tuesday, April 28, 2009

doctors, ers and urgent care

Well what a weekend we have had. On Thursday I started to not feel well and achy. I think I had fever but not really sure what was going on with me. But let me tell you one thing I truly do NOT like this Indiana weather! We lived in Iowa for 6 1/2 years and I NEVER had sinuses there! It was WONDERFUL! But back to reality. I have them here as do my children! I feel so bad for them. Saturday I was feeling better and the kids were in between but seemed fine. So, the three kidos and I went shopping in Lafayette and actually got most of their summer clothes along with Flip Flops! YEAH!!! I love my Flip Flops and so does Lily! She got white ones to just in case her wedding shoes are too small. I love shopping at Kohl's because they pay you to shop which is GREAT because I am able to go back and get myself something! So so nice! Then bribery works really well because they were amazing and they got to go to McDonald's with a playland! Gotta love em! Timmy wasn't running around like he usually does so I felt him and his heart was beating pretty fast. So, I called Josh and told him that we were going to go to the Urgent Care. We got there just before they closed so they did not do a very through exam on him. They deemed he had a fever and ear infection. I sometimes think that is their standard answer for most things. So, we went home and slept well. Timmy and I stayed home from church and did the nebulizer treatment but Josh and I felt that we had better take him into the ER because he was having so much nasal congestion. They gave him Orapred for 3 days and he is on an antibiotic for his ears. So, we got home from that then about 2 hours later Lily says her neck hurts. So, we call around and talked to a few nurses who said take her into the ER. Well, Josh and I were crying at this point because we didn't want to drive 45mins to the hospital to rural out Meningitis so Josh stayed up and watched her at night. So, come Monday morning I call the doctors office and they got her in. Thank goodness for such an AMAZING doctor who loves us! So, Lily couldn't walk in because her neck hurt and just layed on the table which is so not her. The doctor felt her neck and said she had a knot in it. Yes that is right a knot! So, we stayed there to see if it would go down and do blood work. 2 hours later we had started and finished a Juni B Jones book which are sooo funny and we were free to leave! No, I hope and pray William doesn't have something up his sleeve. So, praying for no more sickness this week!

No comments: