Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!

This past weekend we had a youth overnighter on Friday night. I stayed up until midnight and then on Saturday relized I am no longer 2o years old. My body was telling me that I am too old to be staying up that long. But I had a good time. Then on Saturday we had our BIG easter egg hunt with over 2,400 easter eggs and around 90 kids. I think this is one of my favorite activities to do for the community. Then on Sunday morning we were up at the crack of dawn. There was a community easter service with breakfast and we were there at 6:30a.m. This is always a good time of fellowship with other people. I am espically enjoying getting to know other's from the Methodist church. There is one lady in particular who is fun and has 3 grown boys. Her name is Jaylean. She is such fun to be around and has a very bubbly personality. She is in charge of the community VBS. I also got a chance to talk to Amy. She is the youth pastor at the Methodist church and is very fun and down to earth. I think we are going to do a joint youth scavenger hunt around Fowler. It should be fun! Lily wore a beautiful pink dress, white sweater and hat. The boys both wore little suits. Timmy's had a jacket and tie and he was too cute in it. William wore a vest and shirt and loved his candy! That boy is a candy machine! Well, hope all had a blessed Easter! HE IS RISEN!!! HE LIVES IN OUR HEARTS!!!

No comments: