Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 in review

This past year has been filled with ups and downs!  I don't remember much excitement happening in January or February  March brought our family to Foster Care training.  We were certified in a month which normally does not happen and had a placement the Monday after Easter.  I was at the store buying mattress for our newly acquired bunk beds.  Josh calls and says "I am on my way to the DCS office to pick up FOUR siblings!"  For 3 long months we had seven children in our home ranging in ages from 9-3.  It was an adventure and very heartbreaking when it was time for those kiddos to move to a different place.  I grieved.  During this time my Grandmother Cobb passed away.  We went out for the funeral while my father was in the hospital.  He has had cancer for nine years.  Closing that chapter of my grandparents was difficult.  Over the summer we worked towards adoption of a 16 year old girl but that was not meant to be either.  Then my dad retired from working for Green County Hospital.  The kids started school Aug. 2.  William was in Kindergarten, Timmy in 1st grade, and Lily in 4th grade.  I was busy being the PTO President.  My dad came out to visit us and enjoyed spoiling the kids by buying them new shoes, swimming, and time spent at the Children's Museum!  Little did we know that would be the last time we saw my dad here on earth.  In October I started a job working full time for Sallie Mae.  I work in Muncie so it's about a 45 minute commute.  I enjoy working and celebrated my one year post op back surgery with NO DOCTOR appointment!!!! YEAH GOD!!!!  During the fall we were kept busy with both boys in soccer and Lily in piano and choir!  It was interesting juggling it all.  We are resting this winter from activities to my sadness.  I enjoyed the activities but can't work and do it all! :)  My dad passed away from his earthly home to his heavenly home on Tuesday December 18th, 2012.  I am forever grateful for the relationship that I had with him.  It truly was one with no regrets.  2013 is looking to be a year of change.  Stick with me and see where it takes us!  May you have yourself a Merry Little Christmas and remember he is the reason we celebrate!
Photobucket

No comments: