Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sex outside of Marriage





Did I catch your attention?  I sure hope so!  This was the topic of discussion today in my Sunday School Class!  Then in church that was also part of the scripture reading! Pastor Lyon read from 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12 (not sure on the version but I am using NLT)


 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body[b] and live in holiness and honor— not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways. 

If it is God's will for us to be holy and to stay away from all sexual sin than why do so many of us fall short in this area?  I am NOT speaking from experience!  I just have been involved in enough discussions over the years to know that the temptation is there as an adult as much as it is a teenager!  We all want to be loved and accepted for who we are!  I get that! Don't think if I go one step farther and give him or her that last kiss or if I go ahead and let him or her touch me there.  Friend you are playing with FIRE!  But you need to also GUARD your heart and your BODY!  DO NOT let just anybody in!  I am talking from an emotional aspect here.  I once read that each time you have a dating relationship with someone you are giving part of yourself away.  Imagine that!  Can you write down each time you have dated someone?  Each time they have taken a piece of your heart with them!  WOW!!! That is kind of scary if you ask me!  I only dated 3 guys and that was not until I was 18 years old.  My mom had me so scared of sex that I had no interest in the romantic relationship with a guy.  Sure I had a lot of friends that were guys but none that I was willing to give my heart to.  I also firmly committed and drew that boundary around myself that I was WORTH so much more than giving myself away!  I knew that God had created that one person for me.  Despite my divorce I have learned so much from it and I committed myself to living that pure and holy life until I walk down the aisle one day again.  I firmly know that God has another person for me.  One that will respect me and respect my beliefs.  Back to sex before marriage...my question to you the reader are you willing to draw your line and say I am worth so much more!?!?! Don't put yourself into places of vulnerability.  I don't know what those places look like for you, they could be the car, they could be the movie theater, they could be at home on the couch while your child sleeps upstairs.  Where ever that place is be INTENTIONAL about putting your boundary up!  Your future spouse will respect you for this and God will honor you in your future spouse! You are NOT getting this precious gift that can not be taken back until the day that I promise myself to you forever!!!!!!  Friends YOU ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!! 





No comments: