Thursday, May 23, 2013

What a Difference One Year Can Make!

Tonight was Lily's piano recital.  It was hard!  I'm not going to lie about that!  As I look back to a little over a year ago and she had her piano recital.  Life was different!  I had taken 6 out of 7 kids to the piano recital ALONE!!!!  Yes, it was CRAZY!!!!  I was thankful for Papa's help with one of the boys who could not sit still!  I was not going to miss Lily's first piano recital and I am grateful that I stood up, braved it and went with 6 children under the age of 9!
 Last year Skyping Grandpa Jay


7 Children Under the age of 9 ready ON TIME for church!
This year!!
We Skyped my dad, who was in the hospital.  He had payed for her lessons all year long and was unable to make it out from Iowa to see her.  He was weak but I know he was blessed by her music!  My dad is now gone!  That was hard this year not getting to share in the joy with him!  I know he delighted in the music from heaven but not the same as the physical presences via technology. :)  You see piano runs deep in my family.
 Grandpa Cobb playing the piano!
Cousins!

My grandfather Cobb played the piano until his dying day!  He was 94 and would go and bless other's that were YOUNGER than him in the nursing homes, assisted living and senior living centers across central Iowa!  If there was a piano he played it!  I then in turn started piano when I was in second grade.  I am very hard on myself and don't feel as though I play well!  So, a few years back when we were at my mom's house, Lily was playing on my old piano.  She had no music but had an ear for the sound!  I had several people encourage me to get her involved in music.  So, when the opportunity arose Lily started taking piano from Carolyn Patty!  The two of them are two peas in a pod!  At this years recital instead of 6 kids to be accountable for  I had my three kids sitting on my lap or near me, my ex and his significant other where there as well.  It was different.


Photobucket

No comments: