Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Life Well Lived!

A life well lived!  Grandma Shaefer passed away from her earthly home to her heavenly home on Saturday May 11, 2013.  She was Josh's maternal Grandma.  I can recall the first time I met her.  Josh was quite nervous because it was very important to him that I had her stamp of approval.  I passed.  I remember arriving to her home and sitting in her blue chair, her home was very clean and she was proud of that.  She also was very proud of her St. Louis Cardinals!  She always watched them faithfully!  Win or loose!  I don't follow baseball but I am quite sure that she was able to see them go to the World Serious a time or too.  She was very thrifty but she was very giving.  She gave all she had.  She gave of her time to others and of her money.  She loved without regrets.  She lived life!  She served others well.  I can remember many times she would come out and "save" me from my piles and piles of laundry that I had.  She always would start her day with the newspaper and a cup of coffee.  She loved well and her family knew that they were the most important thing to her.  I think my favorite meal that Grandma cooked would be TACO'S!!!!  It was always extra special when we were able to order pizza from Saylor's.  Especially when we were visiting from Iowa! I know that Grandma is rejoicing at being reunited with her beloved husband, Pat.  Her siblings, Mike and her beloved flea bags as she called the dogs!  She loved them along with Lily's beloved cat "Angel"!  I am sure her and my grandmother Cobb are catching up as well!  Grandma will be missed but her memory will live on!
Below is a link to watch a video I made of her and some pictures.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiQbDdikKus
Photobucket

No comments: