Monday, June 17, 2013

Communion

I am not sure if I did a post on this or not but it means so much to me that I am going to write about it again!!!!  At my church, Madison Park, each Sunday during worship that are 5 different stations you can go to.  They are a cross where you can pin your prayer requests to it and KNOW that a member of the pastoral team is praying for that request throughout the week, light a candle, kneel and prayer, communion and finally anointing with oil.  I LOVE the fact that my church ENCOURAGES you to get up out of your seat and move around as the spirit leads you!  I have served communion for a while now.  I have served every Sunday despite my best efforts to get out of it one Sunday because I just wasn't feeling it!  I am BLESSED beyond measure to serve each and every week!  I can not tell you how amazing it is to look somebody in the EYE and say "The Body of Christ Broken for YOU!"  Sometimes they will tell you their name and it takes it to a whole new level because now you have made the connection!  What I find interesting is that you can tell the people who do it week after week because its ritual and then you can the people who do it out of the spirit moving them to do it!  The differences is that the person who does it week after week is going through the line quickly, just to get done.  The person who is taking the elements because the spirit is moving them takes it all in.  Takes that moment to share their name.  The savor the moment's of partaking in the body of Christ and the blood shed for them!  We have had some new worship leaders leading us in worship for about a month now and the ice BROKE yesterday!!!!  I can not tell you how AMAZING it was to be at the back of the church serving communion AND singing GIVE ME FAITH!!!!  The Holy spirit's presences was so powerful, I wanted to stay there FOREVER!!!!!!!!  My challenge to you is to serve communion.  It's not hard.  It does not requiring anything special.  All it requires is a WILLING heart to present the elements of JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!



Photobucket

No comments: