Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back and Looking Forward

This past year has been one full of change! For the most part of January and February I don't really remember much. I was on pain meds and slept alot! William turned 4 in February and we celebrated with a family party at home. He loves Dinosaurs and so he had a Dino cake. March and April brought new life around with the tulips popping up. Along with April brought the news that I had BENT my titanium rods and would need further surgery. After my doctor got over the shock of the rods bending and never having a patient do this before! May brought a busy month. I think every May is busy! We celebrated Lily's birthday before our trip to Walt Disney World. She had a fun time in her class and the kids all flew on an airplane for the first time. It was a special time to spend with family and friends at Disney and Sea World. Josh stayed behind to be with his Grandmother who was recovering from a stroke. June brought the close of another school year for the kids. The boys had a trip to Build-a-Bear and the Children's Museum with their preschool. Lily ended the 2nd grade. June also brought the news that we would be moving in a 3 week time span. Not alot of time to pack or say good-byes but everything made it! June also brought the news that I would have to have surgery again on my back. We attended our Districts first ever POWER RALLY at IWU with some friends from church. This was a blessed time of fellowship with others and gave us the opportunity to fellowship with our new congregation. July we celebrated the 4th of July in Fowler and moved the 5th to Grant City! We enjoyed the town parade and our own little fireworks. Moving was a very trust growing event for me. We have always rented a moving truck. This time the church said they had enough people with pick up trucks to move us! Imagine seeing all your earthly possessions piled HIGH on the back of pick up trucks, tied down with rope going on a 2 hour trip! It was TRUST and God's hand of protection that it all made it in one piece on the truck!!!! At the end of July we went to Beaver Island, MI! If you ever get the chance you should go! My high school freshman Biology teacher talked about Beaver Island ALOT and I remembered it after all these years and it sure was worthy of TALKING about!!!!!! It is a 2 hour boat ride to Beaver Island, the Island has one paved road and the rest are gravel. The beaches are powder white with the water clear and blue as the Caribbean! It is relaxing and you are on Island time!
In August we got Lily and Timmy registered for school, 3rd and Kindergarten. We are blessed with a small school. I also took a semester of classes at Ivy Tech. After much deliberation about giving in, I finally agreed that I would not be able to purse nursing as a career with Stainless Steal Rods in my back. I am still interested in the health care field and continue to work towards a job in that field. August also brought with it celebration with family and friends as Josh was ORDAINED in the Wesleyan church! This was a huge accomplishment and my Uncle John came out along with my grandma, mom and dad. It was a wonderful time! September was filled with busyness and Lily starting piano with Sandi Patty's mom, Carolyn! Tuesdays are a highlight of my week. I smile the whole time Lily is at lessons. October brought the celebration of 10 years of marriage for Josh and I. Not always the perfect marriage but God has gotten us through! We spent time doing things as a family as I had my second back surgery at the end of October. Not knowing if I would be in a wheelchair or what. The Lord brought me through the surgery and recovery amazingly with little to no pain. My dad and Grandma came out the day before my surgery and surprised us. The kids got spoiled by Grandpa the day of my surgery and I was grateful for that! November brought us a time of thanksgiving and gratefulness for all the Lord has done. December brought a warm Christmas and new traditions. Josh graduate with his Masters in Ministry and spoke on behalf of the student's at commencement. We went to the Indy Zoo for the Christmas Lights and enjoyed that! We had a wonderful Christmas and time celebrating Timmy's 6th birthday! Whew...I am tired just writing this! If you made it too the end with no pictures in this post.....you are AMAZING!!!!!

This next year brings with it excitement and wonder. I am hoping to work towards full contentment in the people around me.

No comments: