Sunday, April 14, 2013

Growing IN Christ!

This past week has been a CHALLENGE but I am grateful that God is molding me to be more Christ like!  The enemy was alive and well and wanted to use my current situation against me!  I am grateful for my mom who just said "Jennifer, is it worth it? Are THEY worth your energy?"  NOPE!!!!!  The old Jennifer would have gone after everyone involved with a vengeance immediately and pay for my wrath for weeks later. I am not saying that I did not get angry because I DID and what was being said about me HURT!  The new Jennifer calmed down, did not attack anyone!  Instead I went to the scripture!  Let me tell you that if you get in a situation where you want to ring someone's neck GO TO THE WORD of God!!!! There is so much power in that!  But to be able to do this you have to be WILLING to allow God to do HIS job!  You have to be mature in who you are to be able to allow Christ do HIS work!!!!

Here are some verses that spoke to me!
"Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of ONE body. 'In your anger do NOT sin'. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 4: 25-27 NIV

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29 NIV

"Consider it PURE JOY, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, NOT LACKING ANYTHING!" James 1:2-4

I don't know about you but the last verse I don't want to consider my trials "PURE JOY!"  If you are living and breathing I am sure that there have been many times where you have stomped your foot, threw a fit and had a pity party!  I know I have!!!  But it is right there "PURE JOY!"  Will you work on considering your trials PURE JOY?  I know I am!

As a matter of fact this past week I was chatting with one of my good friends and she said Jenny despite everything you are going through you still have JOY and you still find time to encourage others!  When we are in the midst of the trial we may not see our JOY in the situation but others do!  PRAISE GOD!

Photobucket

No comments: