Monday, April 15, 2013

Reflection


As I reflect on the tragedy of today and the threats that we are faced with as a nation I think back to the days when I was a child and there were no worries about a bomber hurting innocent people while watching a marathon!  I think back to the days that my mom sent me to school and I walked with a group of friends!  I think back to the days when we went to school and did not have the worries that we parents face today.  That maybe this could be the last time we kiss our child on the forehead as they go out the door.  I have lived  through so many different tragedies in America. The OKC bombing, sitting in 10th grade Accounting, 9/11 watching in a living room, Columbine, senseless children shot in Connecticut   There are many more!  In the past few years and yes I am getting a little political here but with Obama at the helm of our nation you don't see him praying as often on t.v., or going to a church service on t.v. after a tragic event such as the Boston Marathon bombing.  We would watch as the Bush's lead our country in prayer and encouraged us to find a church service to attend to remember those who were lost.  Every day America is seeing a lesser need to rely on the only thing that can sustain us during these time's of tragedy and that is JESUS CHRIST!  Obama is not going to give you strength, your financial portfolio is not going to give you the strength, your relationship with another person is not going to give you strength only CHRIST!  In 1 Timothy 4:1-5 CEV it states

"God’s Spirit clearly says that in the last days many people will turn from their faith. They will be fooled by evil spirits and by teachings that come from demons. They will also be fooled by the false claims of liars whose consciences have lost all feeling. These liars will forbid people to marry or to eat certain foods. But God created these foods to be eaten with thankful hearts by his followers who know the truth. Everything God created is good. And if you give thanks, you may eat anything.What God has said and your prayer will make it fit to eat."

Friends after what I saw on t.v. today if you don't think we are living in the end times I am not sure what will!  I have never believed in predicting the end times nor will I ever believe that but there's verse after verse after verse that directs us to believe as Christians that these are the last days.  Live them well and if you don't know Christ seek a relationship with him!


Photobucket

No comments: