Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Reconcilation!

Today was a hard day too but much better! I took the kids to Kings Island and it was hard not calling dad and telling him about it because that was something he would have loved doing with us!

So, on with the story where we left off.....Josh and I were dating and he asked me what I thought about moving to a church in Iowa.  At this point in life I was dead set on going to the Honor Academy at Teen Mania, little did I know that plan would change.  I told Josh that I would LOVE to move to Iowa since the majority of my family was from there or lived there.  So, we went out and candidate....that is give a practice sermon.  It was the last weekend in August.  We had already driven out there prior so Josh could see what Iowa looked like since he had not been past Chicago!  We told my "mom", Sandy to bring dad and grandma and grandpa to the church.  Dad was very surprised to see us!  After church the board had a meeting with Josh to decided if he was the one for them.  While the meeting was going on I chit chatted with my family and I could tell my dad was getting very excited about the prospect of having me 2 hours away!  A side note, while we were talking my Grandpa Cobb said he needed to go for a walk.  So, he went for a walk and found a nursing home to play a piano in!  He was always on the look out for a piano to play for people!  We moved to Iowa a week later and God started mending a broken relationship between a father and a daughter.  To be quiet honest it may have never been broken, I was angry that my dad was so far away and the Lord provided a way for us to make up for lost time!  I am beyond grateful for the 6 years I had in Iowa with my dad.  It was by far one of the HARDEST days of my life to have to move from Iowa back to Indiana.  Some of the things that happened while living in Iowa that may have NEVER happened otherwise: we got to see my dad at least once a month, he got to be at the hospital within hours of each of the grandkids being born, I was a hop, skip and a jump away when Grandpa passed away, dad was there when Timmy was transferred to Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines, we got to spend a few Christmas together and Thanksgiving's.  Something that had been missed for YEARS!, he was at the grandkids birthday celebrations.  The one thing that I have learned from the time the Lord gave to me with my dad being so close was that BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS!!!!!! You NEVER know when they will be gone until next time!!!!





Photobucket

No comments: